Q: What can the Coos SWCD do for you?
A: The Watershed Technical Specialist for the Coos SWCD is willing to help you with your soil and water quality concerns. This includes technical assistance over the phone, site visits, grant writing, permit writing, monitoring, designing farm plans, soil reports, soil tests and much more!
Coos Soil & Water Conservation District is a non-regulatory agency that can help local landowners. Do you have projects that need to be done around your farm or ranch? Not sure where to start? Here are some projects we have helped with.
- Fencing and cross fencing
- Off-channel watering
- Riparian planting & buffers
- Irrigation efficiency upgrades
- Culvert/ bridge crossing
- Manure storage facility
- Heavy use area
- Noxious and invasive weed removal
- Other options:
- Energy efficiency upgrades
- Road & sediment upgrades and abatements
- Strip grazing
We are always looking for creative an innovative ideas.